On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 11:34:42 AM UTC-6, Simon Huber wrote:

> Another issue is that its operation slows down a lot when one changes
> browser tab to other pages (and that's what this should be good for)
>
> does anybody know a why and a how for that?

The new window belongs to the original TW browser tab.  Browsers "optimize"
performance on the current *forward*  tab (actually, I think they
"downgrade" performance on the non-forward tabs).  So even though your
floating window is essentially "forward", it's suffering the same downgrade
in performance because it belongs to a background tab.

It's a matter of debate as to whether that's "a bug".  :/  It's certainly
undesirable.  Did you try a few different browsers?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/9dc89868-6370-42dc-99a8-d7ab21e2017f%40googlegroups.com.