On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 9:26:13 AM UTC-6, Andreas Hahn wrote:

> That's pretty cool.

Yep, I like it a lot, though not necessarily for TWs.  The problem there is
that dropped images surface at the dropzone widget, not at the tiddler.
With a regular "textfile" bookmarklet, the images are rendered right where
you drop them.  Saving though... not so easy.  But then, I'm usually not
intending to keep all my ramblings/notes... and if I *do* want to keep
them, then I drag stuff into a TW later.

But yes, a TW plugin than handled dropped images "right here dammit" would
be uber-cool.  Since the browser data/html protocol handles it directly,
shouldn't be too hard for a TW wizard to figure out.

> I imagine if you're running your TW in a node instance or on a server,
> all you'd need to do would be to modify '$:/core/save/empty' to a custom
> configuration and have that load in on the sidebar and you'd basically
> be done.

Lost me there.  What would that do?

> I also remember writing a plugin at some point so that you
> could drag and drop images from webpages.

zackly.

> Big thanks for bringing up bookmarklets though coda! Would have never
> thought of those.

np. And again, a regular textfile bookmarklet is generally better (for the
OP solution).  File/SaveAs is good enough (sans images).  And it doesn't
*need* to be in the sidebar, either... create two, one of each.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/905a6b77-cf67-4c43-b9bc-b2aca5a1f7ba%40googlegroups.com.