Mario,

This idea is very powerful from a user perspective, but I have no idea how
achievable technically, please give it some thought.

   - If feasible it only needs the development of one new customise feature
   reference the content
   - My thought is a variable such as currentContent, idealy
   $(currentContent)$ because then it is easy to concatinate
      - eg to="$:/prefix/$(currentContent)$"
   - This also raised the desire to access other variables in the pragma
   such as current tiddler / storyTiddler or any if possible.

I am experimenting with customise to try and toggle something.

   - I realise that I would be useful if the content of the line could be
   referenced in the "pragma"

Here is a simple example I have "fudged"
\customize degree="button" _element="$button" to="Content"
°button Content
°button A Todo item

I have set the to="Content" as if I could have the content of the line
passed into the pragma. This navigates to a tiddler named "Content" however
I would like the second "button" to navigate to " A Todo item"

Why?

I expect its obvious, The ability to create toggles and new buttons and a
lot more such as state tiddlers/data indexes and much more would be
possible by allowing the content of the line be a parameter to the
customised mark-up.

For me this started with a desire to construct custom mark-up such as
°do An item I may have to do, quickly typed into a tiddler

   - Which could be used to generate a clickable item in the view template
   to indicate complete

Other possibilities

   - Click line
      - to flag that line/paragraph for subsequent processing
      - to create a tiddler by that title
      - to places that text in a data tiddler with next nth key
      - Turn text into a tag
      - to copy line to keyboard
   - Allowing footnotes to be created
   - many more