On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 6:05:06 AM UTC+2, TonyM wrote:

I expect it is too late in the rendering process; but it seems common sense
> (does not mean it is) that some pragma could read as such;
> °☐ "This is a todo line"

This will work with *V0.5.1*!

There was a bug in my praser _and_ the widget call didn't set the
"src/content" variable. If _element is set to $widget now, the _srcName,
which defaults to "src", will be used to set the variable to the content
text.
eg:

\customize degree=do _element="$macrocall" $name=☐ _srcName=content

If you would use "src" instead of "content" you could skip this parameter

and thus call the macro
> In this case I am accepting if I wanted to pass other parameters to the
> macro the first, the content needs to be quoted.
> Eg
> °☐ "This is a todo line"  color:"blue"

At the moment this will not happen. It would be almost the same as a macro
call like

<<☐ "This is a todo line" color:"blue">>

For me it doesn't make sense to make custom markup plugin even more
complex, to solve something that is already solved.

To make the macrocall work, it needed the bugfix and 5 lines of new code.
To read macro parameters, I would need to add the macro parameter parser.
If you need to add _params you can use: °.class + CSS definitions. eg:

\customize degree=☐ _params=".cb" _element="$macrocall" $name=☐

°☐ This is a todo line

I'm pretty sure this can do what you want.

-mario