Adam Tkac wrote:
> Hm, this is a nasty problem and finding the solution will be even nastier.
>
> I have no experience with Xcode but I would recommend to build library
> without all optimizations (disable both compiler and nasm
> optimizations) and check if it is still broken.

Yep.  Still broken.

> If yes then I don't know better approach than compile libjpeg
> with no optimizations via old and new Xcode, disassemble affected
> parts of code (probably simd/*.o object files) and try to figure
> differences and isolate what exactly is broken. I can help you (hopefully)
> if you upload old/new files somewhere.

OK, that sounds like a reasonable approach.

> Hm, PIC code shouln't be needed at all in our project because we are
> shipping no libraries. In GNU build chain it is possible to disable
> PIC generation with `--disable-shared` configure flag. Is it possible
> to disable PIC code in Xcode as well?

'configure --without-pic' prevents PIC from being defined in NASM, but
jsimdext.inc overrides this for Mac platforms.  I gather that PIC
generation is the default on Mac.  If I manually disable it in
jsimdext.inc, the resulting binary seg faults.