On 10/08/2009 04:59 PM, DRC wrote:
> The problem has been isolated and worked around.  The issue is that the
> OS X linker doesn't seem to honor the request to align code segments to
> 16-byte boundaries.  This has been a problem all along, but for some
> reason, when using the OS X 10.4 linker, the problem somehow escaped
> detection.  The workaround, which I found by reading this page:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/--nasm-Bugs-1871199---Mac-OS-X-%28Mach-O%29-misaligned-data-td22143305.html
>
> was to add an explicit "align 16" directive at the end of every code
> segment.
Have you got a patch that does this? Is this still needed?

You may want to merge this rather simple fix: I had to rename the "fls"
function:

libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -O3 -m32 -MT jcdctmgr.lo -MD
-MP -MF .deps/jcdctmgr.Tpo -c jcdctmgr.c  -fno-common -DPIC -o
.libs/jcdctmgr.o
jcdctmgr.c:77: error: conflicting types for 'fls'
/usr/include/string.h:123: error: previous declaration of 'fls' was here
make[5]: *** [jcdctmgr.lo] Error 1
NASM 2.07 apparently includes a more robust mechanism for
> detecting this problem, which is why it was giving me those error
> messages.  Earlier versions of NASM were apparently just failing
> silently, which is why I got data errors in the JPEG stream.
>
> It now works fine using the default nasm version installed with Xcode
> 3.2 (NASM 0.98.4.)  Note that on Snow Leopard, Xcode will try to build a
> 64-bit version of TigerVNC by default unless you explicitly pass an
> argument of -m32 to the compiler and linker:
>
>    configure CFLAGS='-O3 -m32' CXXFLAGS='-O3 -m32' LDFLAGS=-m32
>
> You can now build a 64-bit version as well, though, if that's what you
> want.  Here's the formula:
>
>    configure --host=x86_64-apple-darwin10.0.0 CFLAGS='-O3' CXXFLAGS='-O3'
> NASM={path to NASM 2.07 or later}
>
> 64-bit builds on Darwin require NASM 2.07 or later.  I had to build NASM
> 2.07 from source because it's too new to have made it into MacPorts yet.

FYI: macports now includes 2.07 by default.

Thanks
Antoine