On 2/23/18 1:33 PM, Bob kb8tq wrote:

On Feb 23, 2018, at 4:23 PM, Attila Kinali <att...@kinali.ch> wrote:

Hoi Bob,

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 21:58:09 -0500
Bob kb8tq <kb...@n1k.org> wrote:

The same nickel plating effect gets into a lot of things. If you are shopping
for very
low IMD connectors, nickel plating is out. Things get non-linear (to a very
degree) when it is present. If -180 db is the goal for those spurs, you might
hit -120 db with the nickel connectors …..

Interesting. About what frequency range are you talking?

UHF up into microwaves. It was part of a lecture back when I was in school … I
assume the basic physics hasn’t changed since then :)

Passive intermodulation distortion? What is the physics... hysteresis curves in the magnetization of the nickel is what I would suspect.