Hi Christian,

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 12:18:18AM +0100, Christian Treldal wrote:

> Den 21.11.2019 kl. 14.58 skrev Ervin Hegedüs:
> >Hi Christian,
> >
> >On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 12:29:38PM +0100, Christian Treldal wrote:
> >>A year or something ago Ervin wrote a quick Python2 script for keying via
> >>hamlib. It has n
> >I MADE A PYTHON SCRIPT? :D
> >
> >Could share with me/us? :)
> >
> Yes Ervin  AND THE EVIDENCE!!!
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofn5p482dsf49tv/rigkeyer.py

ohh... :)

I found it in my Dropbox :P

> I've been trying to convert it to Py3 , no capitals in socketserver and
> remove .decode("utf8") and is seems to run; but it don't send anything to
> the radio.

hmm, sounds interesting.

Anyway, I modified the code, it's avaliable here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jiqdsesomcccio/rigkeyer.py

(the old link redirects to the rigkeyer2.py)

Note, that I've tested now with both Python version (2 and 3). My
TRX doesn't support the CW keying via Hamlib (TS850 still), but I
could test it with the DUMMY RIG. Now it works as well, there
were an another necessary modification in line 25 (in old code).

> >you mean aboue like K3? Once I started to review how does it
> >works, but IMHO it's too difficult. We discussed about this topic with
> >Zoli HA5CQZ, but now I don't remember the results.
>
> I've been using it with my KX3 and no problems. In the beginning there was a
> buffer overflow in hamlib; but it seems to be ok now

sure, then I assume you successfully installed the Hamlib Pythons
module for Python 3.

> I tested today $echo "+\send_morse'test'" | nc -w 1 localhost 4532 to a
> IC-7610 and it cw happily

please check it again with this new version above!

Anybody can use it with this way:

python2 rigkeyer.py

or

python3 rigkeyer.py