As a professional organization and part of due diligence, we need to try and
understand the risks and ramifications on the deployments of our solutions.
This means, understanding exactly how the market uses and needs to use the
solutions we create. When we remove or change some technology, we should try
hard to provide a work around. If a work around is not possible, we need to
cleanly document how these changes are going to impact the market so it can
prepare. This is the responsible and prudent thing to do in a professional
organization like the IETF.

The draft that Nancy and others have worked on is a great start to documenting
how these new solutions are going to impact organizational networks. Regardless
of whether you like the use-cases or regulations that some organizations have,
they are valid and our new solutions are going to impact them.

Thanks,
Bret
PGP Fingerprint: 63B4 FC53 680A 6B7D 1447  F2C0 74F8 ACAE 7415 0050
"Without cryptography vihv vivc ce xhrnrw, however, the only thing that can not
be unscrambled is an egg."