Larry,

First off:

+0

Actually, I'm planning on contributing bug fixes and documentation in the mod_jk/ajp
areas, so I'm sort of a +.5 -- I don't think I can be one of the core Release Team,
but I am planning on committing some real time to supporting this version pre- and
post-release.  Just so you (or whoever is the RM) knows.

Secondly, some of the wording about release dates confused me:

At the bottom of the Milestone 2 release (which is scheduled for Feb 8th, one week
after M1), it says:

"Should that not be the case, this release may be skipped since the beta release is
expected a week later."

But the Beta release is March 15th -- 5 weeks later.  Is M2 supposed to March 8th?

-Dan

Larry Isaacs wrote:

> To complete the task of bringing the development on the jakarta-tomcat
> MAIN branch to a release, I offer the Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan.  Though
> this version of Tomcat contains no major feature enhancements, it does
> contain a sufficient number of improvements and other changes to warrant
> being called Tomcat 3.3 to distinguish it from Tomcat 3.2 and its
> maintenance releases.
>
> The Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan may be found at:
>

><http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat/RELEASE-PLAN-3.3>
>
> Since I am volunteering to be the Release Manager for this plan, this
> document already has my name filled in.  However, my support of this plan
> is not contingent on me being the Release Manager.  I am will to support
> someone else if they wish to volunteer.
>
> In addition to the release plan, the STATUS.html document has been updated,
> and may be found at:
>
> <http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat/STATUS.html>
>
> This file documents some of the changes that have been completed and
> targeted for the milestone 1 release, but doesn't cover all the changes made
> since Tomcat 3.2.  It also includes action items specifically addressing the
> task of releasing this version of Tomcat.
>
> Many of the action items left over from the Tomcat 3.2 version of this
> document have been moved to the "Ideas For The Future" section at the end.
> This is based on the assumption that work for these items wasn't completed.
> If I am in error on one of these items, or you know who should be added as
> having volunteered on any of them, please let me know.
>
> It should be noted that when this plan comes up for a vote, a +1 by a
> committer will constitute a commitment not only to helping with the release,
> but to provide maintenance support beyond the release.
>
> Thanks,
> Larry Isaacs

Dan Milstein // [EMAIL PROTECTED]