On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Jon Stevens wrote:

> Not exactly scientific, but I do trust Rickard to do things correctly...he
> has an existing JSP page for testing and then converted it to
> Velocity...here are the results...
>
>     JSP - 240-480ms
>     Velocity - 50-70ms

Frankly, I'm astounded it took you so long to figure out that you had a
legitimate case on performance ... at least versus Jasper :-).  Try this
on some other containers and you will find different results.  Orion,
Resin, and WebLogic are supposed to have pretty fast implementations.

> You make the decision.
>
> :-)

I did ... the code that Jasper generates is not optimized at all, so doing
a decent optimizing compiler will make a pretty dramatic
difference.  Watch this space. :-)

> -jon

Craig (who is actually quite happy with Catalina at this point :-)