on 8/6/01 9:24 PM, "Christopher Cain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Totally OT, bandwidth-wasting, irrelevant musings P.S. ...
>
> Where did that Paulo Gaspar cat go? That guy was always interesting in a flame
> war, especially with Jon involved. Man ... dude did NOT like Jon, but he sure
> loved Velocity. I wonder he went ... I really miss those days, back when we
> were all so young and innocent ... it was a simpler time ;-)
>
> Anyway, Jon, I always thought that you should have used some of those flame
> posts from Gaspar for some really sweet Velocity advocacy, maybe in your mag
> articles and web site and stuff. I can hardly think of a more compelling
> advertisement for Velocity than one of those, "Jon is in insufferable ass, but
> I wouldn't use any other solution than Velocity." That speaks volumes.
>
> I really do miss that Gaspar guy though ... we liked him :-)
>
> - Christopher

He is over on the Velocity lists being a pain in the ass still. :-)

I just love him.

Our last flame war was about me wanting to get rid of the dynamic logging in
Velocity and just make a dependency on Log4J. Eventually, I think he just
gave up. Now that Ceki has the 25k .jar file, it is no contest.

:-)

p.s. Below is a recent privately sent email that I got about the JDJ article
I wrote...name/company removed to protect this fine enlightened individual.
:-)

-jon