on 8/6/01 7:45 PM, "Pier P. Fumagalli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Never been a fan of JSPs myself, but seeing Velocity (lately I had to
> install it for EyeBrowse on Nagoya, and it was painful) I'm not a big fan of
> that thing either.

Installation != Use

Remember the old JServ 1.0 days when it *sucked* to install it, but it was
still pretty damn good software that *you* were proud of?

:-)

> Especially you, Jon. Damn it, we've walked this path together for a very
> long time. And _as_a_friend_ I'm begging you, if you want to keep going on
> with your crusade against JSPs do it, but be wise enough to do it in the
> right places...

Sorry Pier. I think that performance testing and results of Tomcat 4.0 is
perfectly legal here. Especially in the context of competition with JSP.
Lets not fool our users into thinking that the ASF is producing the fastest
JSP implementation. Oh wait. That's obvious. :-)

The fact that I throw in quips about how JSP sucks balls is my own gibberish
that you are just going to have to put up with. Sorry. :-)

-jon