On 07/19/10 09:47 PM, James C. McPherson wrote:
On 20/07/10 02:38 PM, James C. McPherson wrote:
(d) have you had a crack at making the calls to elfdump an internal
implementation?

You mean there is a Python library which implements the elfdump
functionality ? Can you point me to it ?

I found a library to do it (http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-elf)
but it's pre-alpha, GPLv3 and the path to using such a thing under our
new overlords is murky.

There's also Hachoir, http://bitbucket.org/haypo/hachoir, but that's
GPLv2 and has the same inbound issues that GPLv3 stuff does.

There's some code pkg(5) uses for limited elf analysis in the pkg(5) gate that is designed to interface with python:

  http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/pkg/gate/src/modules/elf.c
  http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/pkg/gate/src/modules/elfextract.c

I don't know how much you need, but maybe it can get you by...

Cheers,
-Shawn