With the EDO installed on my SBT, the internal DAC of my Esoteric K-05
SACD/CDP does not recognize the SBT (the DAC in the K-05 can play files
up to 192k).  But I missed a small thing on another thread:  USB out on
the SBT won't work with DACs that require a driver installed in the
player. If I'd known that earlier, I would have bought a different CDP
and/or DAC.  So, if I keep the EDO running on the SBT but connect it to
the K-05 via optical Toslink, will I still be able to playback 192k
files? And will the sound quality be that much worse than if I could use
the USB?

Thanks,
jwojno