hello Magic Banana, I appreciate your help. I do have a backup program on here, used it a few days ago.

When I was searching for files today I noticed something that makes me wonder, that's got me more confused. In the window where the folders are, in the right hand corner, there's text about free space and total space, says there's more than 2GB, but how can that be? When I was in the Trisquel room on IRC someone gave me a Terminal command that would show me the memory, which was less.

All I know is it seemed like the problem with the display during multitasking meant I didn't have enough memory. Being no good at tech is very frustrating, I'm amazed I got this far, but that's only because of help from many wonderful people who have taught me a lot, enough that I could maintain my computers fairly well.

When I could find the window with the folders for system settings, I looked in there for memory specs also, it showed I didn't have much memory, too, so I don't know what's going on. If I can find that again I'll look at that also.

There's something else that mystifies me- I click on some folders and got an "access denied" message. One folder I remember the name of was "lost+found". Other folders did that too. What the heck is going on here?

I humbly admit I don't know what I'm doing, that's why I'm here. For many years I tried to understand this stuff, but I keep trying. While I wait for replies, I'm reading the Command Line document, trying to find the commands I need.