Yes. And so, circling back to Abdullah Ramazanoglu's original question, determining the public domain status of a thing depends on establishing a specific fact pattern for that thing, taken in light of a specific country. That can result in something being public domain in one country and not another.

Circling back to the original discussion that started this sub-conversation, I have not done an analysis of the situation in all the countries of the world; I don't have the time or resources to accomplish that but hopefully providing even just one example helps to show that copyright abandonment is a complex topic and abandoning all of the roughly 200 different copyrights that someone gets is probably not possible. Thanks to the efforts of copyright maximalists like Big Media it's usually easier to play along with copyright and grant the permissions to make something be Free rather than trying to fight back to get rid of of the copyright and ultimately failing. The former is more internationally recognized; the latter is not.