>With "misogynistic" I think Mr. mason means putting women as second class citizens. There are >certain differences in western and eastern cultures. One culture sees women as independent >and "equal" citizens (that automatically includes equality in being subjected to harshness of
>life) and other sees them as flowers to be protected and nourished.

There are ~4.5 billion people living in Asia (more than half of the world's population, speaking more than 2,000 languages in 48 countries and who knows how many cultures). Are you calling the majority of them, or their cultures, misogynistic? This is a very good example of orientalism (I recommend reading Edward Said for interesting context).