Glenn - How do you explain wisdom?   I don't see wisdom as Mormon knowledge.  Mormon knowledge is flat out lies.

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to
all men liberally, and upbraideth not."  JS did follow this admonition,
and received an answer.  We may also test this, and hopefully the result
will be similar.    Moroni says we may test the truth of the BoM in the
same manner.
However, I also reject the idea that we may simply ask, and receive an
answer without first doing our homework. The person who asks if the BoM
is true without first studying it thoroughly will probably not get an
answer--at least not from God.