Terry, I am working on a solution to Daniel's bratty childlike behavior. Hang in there, and vote with your delete key.

Perry the Moderator

From: Terry Clifton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Offence Given/Offence Taken???
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 10:20:03 -0500

Perry:
Referring to ladies as whores will get one kicked out of most churches, and even some bars. Why is Daniel allowed to trample the reputations of others here when he cannot do it in other places? Is there any reasonable answer? This has got to be controlled. If Daniel cannot control himself, it is your job to do it for him. The sooner, the better.
This is not a man passionate for the Lord. This is a most selfish individual who is determined to have the attention and recognition of others. If no one is impressed with his goodness, them he will offer them evil. Anything to get attention. He is not seeking to glorify God, He is not seeking wisdom, he is seeking to be recognized, and he will sell his soul to get the attention that he craves. I have seen the same behavior in children hungry for affection, and in convicts in prison who had been forgotten by their families. The need for attention is a strong driving force, but it does not excuse inexcusable language.
Respectfully,
Terry

Charles Perry Locke wrote:

I was thinking about what the chances are that Daniel will clean up his language and demeaning comments. At this point, it looks fruitless. But, I was thinking back to others who have done so, and it gives me hope for Daniel. For example, Chris, while never using the profanity that Daniel prefers, initially came across in a manner not unlike Daniels arrogance. It turned others off. For the most part Chris has developed a respectful tone in his messages, and, I believe, he has earned the respect of TT members.

Elsman has many good things to say, but initially his profanity turned off TT members. Elsman stopped using profanity, and people started to read his posts again and respond to him. I have enjoyed reading them myself, and they have caused me to think about what he has says.

Daniel is an example of one with the passion of a zealot, combined with an uncontrolled tongue. Perhaps Chris can appeal to Daniel, being someone who Daniel obviously respects, to stop using profanity and to stop demeaning others. I have a feeling if Daniel could control his anger that his posts would become welcomed on TT.

Perry the Moderator