Kevin Deegan wrote:
Dave,

Have we established that unless I join the LDS Church
I can not be saved?

DAVEH:  Not in my opinion.  I believe there are a lot of non-LDS folks who will be saved.  (And many LDS folks who will not be saved.)
Or am I taking these quotes out of context?

DAVEH:  Yes, Kevin....most definitely, you've taken them out of context.
I do not:
exclude by definition

DAVEH:  Yeah....you are right about that.  Instead, what you seem to have mastered is defining by exclusion.
exclude by creed
ad nauseam

DAVEH:  Interestingly, I've found it rather hard to extract a definition from you, Kevin.  You want to define things by what they are not, rather than what (defines them) what they are.  Do you understand the difference?  I'm getting to be old, and perhaps instruction has changed since I was in grade school in the 50's....but one thing (of many I've forgotten) I distinctly remember is that defining things from a negative perspective were not actually definitions, and would earn the naysayer an F if a Kevinition were framed that way.  I do have to say though....your method of avoiding the questions are certainly entertaining, Kevin!  I've rarely seen anybody squirm away from sharing their beliefs as much as you apparently have mastered.  Congratulations from a Mormon boy!   :-)
For more of this Nauseam read Stephen Robinson's book

DAVEH:   LOL.......When?!?!?!   I barely have time to read all the TT posts every day.  This Forum certainly moves swiftly!   =-O

--- Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kevin Deegan wrote:

DAVEH asks for a definition

You ask for a definition.

DAVEH:  Yes........I'd like to hear a real
definition of /Christian
/from both you and Perry, since you both seem so
adamant to exclude
Mormons from being considered Christian.  After
reading through all you
posted below, I fail to see where you define
/Christian/.  Why is that,
Kevin?  I ofttimes think what you avoid saying
speaks more to the topic
than what you do post.

    BTW........Yes, I do have a copy of Robinson's
book (AMC), but have
not read it yet.  Are there any particular points he
made that you wish
me to read that would not take too long?

--
Dave Hansen