Woops...I just noticed this post. I seem to miss posts on a regular basis.....I'll go to this shade of purple:
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Dave Hansen
Sent: Monday, 10 January, 2005 10.16
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Mormon Related #2

Slade Henson wrote:
Scripture is very clear there are other gods,
I would agree, however, I would say they're false gods.
DAVEH:  If the gods spoken of in Ps 82 were false (and I would be curious to hear your thoughts about what Ps 82 is conveying when using that term), then what would be their logical pertinence to Jesus' use of them as a defense in the accusations against him that he was making himself God?  I worded that rather awkwardly, Kay....does my question make any sense to you?

No, the question itself...you lost me. But, I have PS. 82 open and my translation (Complete Jewish Bible) says...Elohim [gods, judges]. I think what you're referring to is the .....you are gods part, right? First thing that comes to mind is that Benny HaHA Hinn says the same thing it seems you're saying. Am I totally off base and confused?
That's where I thought you were going with this. Rachel stole her father's gods and brought them with her when she left with Jacob. There are other instances where we see the people cursed for their idolatry. Anything that takes your mind off of God I guess could be considered idolatry. Money, material possessions, etc.

I think some dude was trying to help people understand God better and gave a midrash/parable of the three-in-One. I've heard the egg theory, too....the egg is ONE object, but contains the shell, the yolk and the white stuff. Three rolled into one. I think it was nice to give people more of an understanding, but I think it has gone overboard. You can't put God in a box.
DAVEH:  Do you think one can understand the nature of God?  Should we try?

I don't think one can understand the nature of God 100%. I don't think it's humanly possible. I think we can have some understanding (in some people's minds, only little, depending on their minds and what may or not be in them!) Yes, I think we should try knowing our minds are limited. I think that by trying this would include praying for wisdom and understanding. I think that the more we understand, the more we can respect (fear) God and be more grateful to Him for what He did...the price He chose to pay for jerks like us. Will we attain it 100%? I don't so think in this life and I don't know about in the one to come...eternity is a long time to sit at His feet and learn... I would hope we would eventually understand!

 Are the things others are saying you believe truly what you believe?

Kay