Izzy,

Can you be wrong in your discernment about who is a Christian and who is not, perhaps believing one who is indeed a Chrisian to not be so?

Perry

From: "ShieldsFamily" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org>
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] On playing chess & On reading/interpreting the Scriptures for li
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:48:09 -0500

I don't know of any reason to believe that Terry is not a follower of
Christ.  Some folks claim to follow Christ but their fruit shows otherwise,
in which case Jesus said to judge by the fruit, not by the talk. Some folks
on TT state they don't know what it means to be born again, some claim to be
followers of JSmith, etc.  I choose to believe a person's statement about
him/herself unless they prove themselves to be speaking falsely--whether
that is intentional or not.  How about you, Perry?  Do you believe the
mormons, for instance, when they claim to be true followers of Jesus Christ?
I don't because I know they can't follow JSmith and Jesus at the same time.
izzy