I John 5:20  "--  Jesus is the true God."

Making a distinction between "Lord" and "God" is to misunderstand exactly what Peter was saying when he pronounced Jesus as Lord and Messiah  (Acts 2:36).

Peter is saying that Christ is both God and Messiah  !!!!!!!

jd

Sent: 1/31/2006 7:23:52 PM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Was Jesus of God's Nature?

I am rethinking that as Christ said only God is good-I now find that one piece is sweeter than the other-but God gave all power to Christ so He now is also sweeter-think about it and slow down stating on what I believe-thanks bro..cd

jd responds:

You write it  - I think you believe it, Dean.   Tell me in the following exactly where I am speaking for you.

Look at the following:  I say "I hope you are not coming to a decision that Jesus ... was not God in the flesh" and you say "  "That seems to be the direction .."

I will not slow down when referencing what you write.

cd: I am stating that Christ is the Lord not God John-and as such is part of the GodHead-Judy is right on the Trinity issue-it leads one to mistake who Christ is. But you took that a step farther and seem to think I am anti-Christ as you think Judy is. Wrong on both counts.

jd

Sent: 1/31/2006 12:37:43 AM

Dean,  I hope that you are coming to a decision that Jesus in the flesh was not God in the flesh.   This is a very serious matter.

jd
cd; That seems to be the direction but I want the deeper level of understanding John-revolving around the:" Why call me good only God is good." statement of Chris..