As already posted, one of the things that is hampering us for too long already is the migration of our old Trac. We actually wanted to move to SF to minimize the admin work, but it turned out to make more work as expected, and I'm still doubt how faithful/useful the migrated tickets and comments will be, i.e. whether the markup, authors, links to revisions, versions, milestones etc. will be properly preserved.

We have ~2500 tickets, ~2000 for TG1 and ~500 for TG2. That looks much, but if we look at the *active* tickets only, we're actually talking about only ~130 tickets, ~30 for TG1 and ~100 for TG2. So why don't we just forget about the old cruft and start with a plain slate? Most of it has become irrelevant anyway and is only creating confusion now.

So my suggestion is that we create fresh Allura trackers for TG1, TG2 and TG3 on SF. We will then go through all still active tickets on the old Trac and do a triage:

* simple -> do it immediately and close
* more complex -> manually enter them in Allura and close in Trac
* irrelevant, outdated, not reproducable etc. -> just close

In the last category, we could already clarify the tickets, add ideas for solutions etc.

Once all tickets on the old Trac have been closed that way (I expect this can be done in one or two weeks), I will copy the old Trac to Florent's server where it can serve as a read-only reference.

What do you think about this idea?

-- Christoph