I'm actually leaning towards a slightly different approach, but am not
invested in it.

What I was thinking of doing is simply migrating Trac to the latest and
greatest on the new server. We'll execute the switchover to the new server
before March 14, and have everything directed there.

Since we'll be on the latest Trac version, we an use it as is while we clean
up 1.1, 1.5, 2.0.4, and 2.1.1. After each release of each version, we can
re-evaluate the current status. If we can move to Allure easily at that
point, we set Trac to read only and move. If we're not able to easily move
yet, we continue using Trac.

What do you think? Is it worth the effort (I think it's even less effort
than your current plan, personally), or would you prefer to make the switch
now?

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 7:23 AM, Christoph Zwerschke <c...@online.de> wrote:

> Am 05.03.2011 13:19 schrieb Christoph Zwerschke:
>
>  * simple -> do it immediately and close
>> * more complex -> manually enter them in Allura and close in Trac
>> * irrelevant, outdated, not reproducable etc. -> just close
>>
>> In the last category, we could already clarify the tickets, add ideas
>> for solutions etc.
>>

> I meant in the second category.
>
> This would not only accelerate our SF migration, but also the development.
> After we've gone through all open tickets that way, we could immediately
> release TG 2.1.1.
>

> -- Christoph
>
> --

Michael J. Pedersen