Unless it can be shown that any company providing this kind of service would
either make money from this approach or not lose money/subscribers from this
approach, it won't happen absent laws or regulations.  These companies have
proven consistently that they are either unwilling or unable to police
themselves.
I'll suggest that the fetishization of capitalism in this country devalues
considerations of free expression. (The expansion of IP laws vis-a-vis fair use
and public domain considerations could be a conversation in parallel with what
we've been hashing out.)  The free expression of those with money, power, or a
platform that has either wins out over those that could benefit from a system
that truly values free expression.
One way to perceive this discussion is about the gap between where things are
and where we think we ought to be.  Regrettably, getting to where we ought to
be is more achievable by acting from where we are than from where we ought to
be.
The last two years have shown repeatedly that money matters most.  Our lives
don't matter as much as we want them to, and our ideas and any connection to
the truth matter even less.
Damn, that's dark.  But I'm not in the mood for sugarcoating.
David

    On Saturday, February 5, 2022, 02:45:22 PM PST, PGage <pga...@gmail.com>