On Aug 10, 11:02 pm, "jim.renkel" <james.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My logic is now: "If rate limiting is not per user, then all users of
> an IP address will share one pool of 20k requests per hour. If a site
> has a 1,000 users at one time, then each user will get an average of
> 20 requests per hour. This is clearly not enough to do much useful.

Jim,

That is why Alex and other API team members have recommended in the
past that you get and use additional white-listed IP addresses, when
20,000 requests per hour per IP address is not sufficient to service
your user base.

At TweetLater I employ several white-listed IP addresses to cover the
needs of my users.

Dewald