Hmmm! We seem to have conflicting evidence here!

I just (again) verified that twxlate.com is getting 20k requests per
hour per user.

How long ago was it that Alex and other API team members made the
recommendation that you mentioned? Is it possible that twitter changed
policy since then?

Either way, I agree that we now need a very clear affirmation from
twitter as to the policy.

I sure hope I don't have to eat my words! :-)

Jim