Jim,

I don't know exactly what you're looking at and how you get to that
answer.

My system is making thousands of GET calls per hour, and I can see how
X-RateLimit-Remaining is decrementing regardless of which Twitter user
credentials are used.

So, on my side I am seeing solid evidence that the rate limit is per
IP address only and not per user.

Dewald