Hi Dean

Well yes. It's like saying if I send one email that's okay but if I bulk email 1000000 people then it's regarded as wrong. Yes I'm afraid it is.

You see from a users point of view, receiving lots of follower notifications from people who aren't interested in you drowns out the really useful ones of someone who is genuinely interested. It really soils the experience of Twitter and quite naturally their trying to rectify it.

I can understand how you feel Dean - C&D is not the nice way of doing things, it's certainly not friendly.

Again, I know it's unpleasant for you, but if you can turn your anger into motivated action you will a) avoid making enemies of Twitter b) come up with another application in no time. Learning the APIs etc. would have been the bulk of your efforts. Now that's done why not refocus onto another one, you'll spend less energy doing that then dealing with C&D. Social networking is a big area still and we haven't finished yet, so keep on the board and ride the wave, if nothing else try and chalk it up to experience and you'll be the wiser for it.

Good luck with future endeavors
Neil