Yep.

I'm at the stage now for personal projects (and clients if they are
cool with it) that I'm just not worrying anymore about IE6.

Twitlonger runs about 3% IE6 so it's just not worth degrading the
experience for the people with decent browsers to make exceptions for
those living in the past.

Out of curiousity, have you tried the Unit PNG fix to deal with IE6?
Interested to know if you did and it didn't work out for you.