hmmmm, there's been a lot of noise about trademark, my previous comment a
few days ago about 'first used in commerce' was to the effect that they
aren't actually trading anything - of couse I'm no atty or even expert but I
understand that if you aren't actually commencing in commerce for trade
using a mark then you're really squatting on a name, and it's unlikely to
register such mark for trade with the USG. even if you have loads of VC so
... what exactly are they selling and in what market? if they let their
previous app lapse I'm **guessing** they ran into this kind of
chicken-and-egg trouble.

but the thing is, what you've posted here says nothing about trademark,
they're talking about TOS and your accounts and behavior. they are claiming
'intellectual property' to the name, which is arguable i suppose. I'm not
exactly sure why you'd register such a domain in the first place, or at
least go public about being upset and paranoid when they send you letters of
intimidation ... but that's your game i suppose. they can definitely shut
you down and block access to your software, and they can lay out the money
to attempt to get the domain revoked, but if they don't have a valid
trademark registered i'm not sure they're going to sue you personally, it
would be a risky battle in my opinion. and if you happen to only have two
nickles to rub together what would be the point? I think at this stage it's
about intimidation, and if you choose to fight it it's a losing battle and
waste of time for you IMHO.

have a fantastic day.

--

<<image001.gif>>