> unfortunately not.  as we're pretty sensitive to our user's privacy,
> for now, a user will have to go to twitter.com with a browser to turn
> on the setting (remember, by default it is off).

I think this is very wise, but I might suggest that there be an API exposed
method to turn geolocation off (one-way: it can't turn it back on afterwards),
so that an app can remotely disable geolocation in the field, say, after an
authorized period of operation. I don't think this makes things any less
secure, and certainly much more convenient.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckai...@floodgap.com
-- You've got to have a gimmick if your band sucks. -- Gary Giddens -----------