John,

I cannot do that, because my 120,000+ current user base has not opted
in for that type of communication from me.

I will get spam complaints left right and center if I did that, and my
email deliverability on emails that I do send will be severely
impacted.

For your suggestion to work, those emails cannot be optional. It makes
no sense to send such emails to half the user population, because it
still leaves the other half that can blame the app for what they have
forgotten about.

Dewald