I brought that up the other day, "twitter eating their own dog food", to which I was told they do, but only in some parts. It would be nice, so that when the API is down, twitter is down, and we as developers did not look like our apps suck, but that may not be a goal for twitter, or it may be, I just do not know. I hope it is though.