oh - i apologise, i think i misunderstood your question.

yes - if you send a duplicate tweet while using the twitter.com
website, we put up an error on the web page.  however, if you send a
duplicate tweet through our API, we will silently fail and return a
200 response.

i'm not positive what you are saying when you say "If I use Tweet# and
do the same...", but i suspect it falls into the latter of what i
said.

--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team