Hi Dave, I wasnt too sure if every tweet had a unique id but since it
obviuosly does then your approach works fine.

I'm not too sure I would agree that my bot is '.. pretty spammy ..' as
it is involved in a real interaction with the user but I do agree that
none of the followers would at be interested in the 'conversation'. [I
suppose I could go down the route of DM]

This is my first foray into Twitter development, C# and webapps in
general and, as such, I've enjoyed the experience and learned
something from it :-)

However, Twitter is probably not the ideal choice of platform for this
type of thing and it's entirely possible that no-one is interested in
playing ancient text adventures anymore. But as I said, this was an
experiment for me so it has added some fun into my life for few days
whilst I learnt about the Twitter API, Tweet# and C# and a bit of MVC.

Looks like I'll need to find another Twitter project to work on ....

Cheers,