On 04/18/2010 10:57 AM, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
>>> its too early to know answers to either of these questions -- the promoted
>>> tweets program just started, and i suspect it will be a few months before we
>>> get to the syndication phase of the program.
>>
>> All I want at this point in the Promoted Tweets development cycle is the
>> ability to recognize that a tweet has been promoted when I see one come
>> out of the API, whether it's from REST, Search or Streaming.
>
> What he said.

Although ... in playing around with searches for Starbucks, it looks
like "promotion" is being done only in one specific case: I am logged in
to Twitter.com and do a search for some specific things in the search
box on the right of the page. I haven't gotten a Promoted Tweet from the
search on the main Twitter page when I'm logged out or from
search.twitter.com, even though I am using the same query.

So I'm guessing the only way to "see" a Promoted Tweet from the API at
the moment would be:

1. Find a search that gives you a Promoted Tweet.
2. Save it.
3. Re-activate the saved search from the API.

Anyone from Twitter want to comment? It's starting to look to me like
Promoted Tweets is being done outside the API for now.

Given what I know about on line marketing and analytics, I'm not
entirely convinced it's in Twitter's interest to answer my questions
here. But I can ask. ;-)

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
borasky-research.net/m-edward-ed-borasky

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~ Paul Erdős