On 04/18/2010 05:53 AM, Raffi Krikorian wrote:

>> Do you know if those of us making small uses of the API (for example,
>> most of our site runs off of the API, but we aren't an application in
>> the sense that we perform actions on behalf of users via the API) have
>> to register at dev. to be able to avoid being automatically opted in
>> at some point?
>>
>> Also, do you know how much agency we have in where promoted tweets
>> appear? (Is placement determined automatically by keywords in the
>> tweets, or are we allowed to pick? Likewise, are we penalized (as per
>> AdWords) for electing to appear for a search or keyword if an
>> algorithm can't see it's relevance, or will the up/down system be
>> entirely based on how users respond to what we've elected to promote?)
>>

> its too early to know answers to either of these questions -- the promoted
> tweets program just started, and i suspect it will be a few months before we
> get to the syndication phase of the program.

All I want at this point in the Promoted Tweets development cycle is the
ability to recognize that a tweet has been promoted when I see one come
out of the API, whether it's from REST, Search or Streaming.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
borasky-research.net/m-edward-ed-borasky

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~ Paul Erdős