(Running from memory of an information filled conference)

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 02:28, Tim <fabianh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I've been looking around for information on how the new "promoted
> tweets" advertising feature will affect the API, and I've not really
> found anything. I gather that it's a two phase approach starting with
> search and then rolling out to timelines, but can anyone here
> clarify:
> (a) whether API responses will include promoted tweets,

Eventually but not yet.

> (b) whether these tweets will be identified as ads

They will be identified as promoted and  it will be required to
differentiate them from non-promoted tweets.

> (c) whether third parties are 'obligated' to present them to users

It will be opt in per application.

> (d) whether there will be an API Terms of Use as a result

There already is. When registering apps on dev.twitter.com you have to
accept a TOS.

Abraham

--
Abraham Williams | Developer for hire | http://abrah.am