On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Matt Harris <thematthar...@twitter.com> wrote:
> Deleting applications is a known issue at the moment being tracked on our
> issue tracker:
>     http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=2040

Why is the 'delete' button still shown if you know it isn't working?

> Regarding your application. Can you check under:
>     http://dev.twitter.com/apps
> That your application is read and write. The error message is very specific
> and is only triggered by an application which is read only. If it is read
> and write, try changing it to read only and then back again.

It was set to read & write, as previously stated, but since you don't
believe me, here's a screenshot:

https://img.skitch.com/20110105-e7439ygif6i6yiiwuir244itnp.jpg

I did as you suggested, toggling the app to read only, (and then saved
& saw it listed as read only), and then changed it back to read&write,
as shown here:

https://img.skitch.com/20110105-urh375rhp1bfmgu463pbtwc3b.jpg

Then re-authorized (which I'll now have to do on 4 different computers
since the keys changed):

# twurl authorize --consumer-key 6meHNyaircETFgqObTAkQ
--consumer-secret qqKvuCRyNBGrYMPQIUyhZiOU8sLdlKS9Mo7Edx70Uk

and then pasted the PIN from my web browser. It said it authorized.

I tried my script again:

# twit.sh --block @dwikirowi

failed, as did

# twurl  -d "screen_name=dwikirowi" "/1/blocks/create.xml"
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<hash>
  <request>/1/blocks/create.xml</request>
  <error>Read-only application cannot POST</error>
</hash>

Actually, now that I think about it… isn't that suggesting that
*twurl* is Read-Only, not my app? I don't know. All I know is that we
never had these problems with curl and I've wasted far too long on
this when I could have been actually improving my program :-/

Would xAuth make this any easier?

TjL