On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:29:23 -0500, Dossy Shiobara <do...@panoptic.com> wrote:
It's an unfortunate reality, but for every one legitimate application of
DM's, there's 100 projects being posted to rent-a-coder asking for an
"auto DM script" ...

As developers that use the Twtiter API, we're all collateral damage to
the scammers and spammers.  Yes, it sucks, but there's no other real
solution here.

Yeah - Google doesn't seem to be able to do spam control without PhD-level manual intervention, so I can imagine how hard it is for Twitter. ;-)

Rent-a-coder? Try Amazon Mechanical Turk - you can get things done there for pennies an hour ;-)
--
http://twitter.com/znmeb http://borasky-research.net

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." -- Paul Erdős