On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 17:07:36 -0500, Trevor Dean <trevord...@gmail.com> wrote:
I agree, don't be so quick to judge.  We have an opt-in based service
and out clients have thousands of customers that explicitly say "yes
send me direct messages". The information we send is requested by the
end user and is not spam.  So you can imagine that a client with a
large user base could quickly go beyond the 250 dm/day limit.  It's
unfortunate that the spammers take advantage and ultimately ruin
things for legitimate services.

Trevor Dean | Director
big time design & communication Inc.
647 234 8198

Visit http://www.bigtimedesign.ca for more information

Speaking of spam, there's a great article at the New York Times on J.C. Penney, "black hat SEO" and Google:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/business/13search.html

Many thanks to Twitter's spam fighters for keeping it as clean as it is, under the circumstances.

--
http://twitter.com/znmeb http://borasky-research.net

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." -- Paul Erdős