Confirming limits is not Twitter HQ's strength. I can see why. They
want to keep their options open. Instead of asking for approval, why
not start a petition to get what you need?

Put up a message here stating a case for more DMs. Explain why you
want it. Ask other devs to sign on with a confirming response. When
you get no reaction, repost the same request the following week, and
again, and again, until Twitter makes the change or comes up with a
useful alternative. What can they do to you? Cut off your
whitelisting? Believe me, grandfathered whitelisting is just a way of
keeping established devs quiet, and is unfair on its face. All
whitelisting will go away. Anyone want to bet against that?

Devs are Twitter's partners, not users to be controlled. Dev's make
money for Twitter. Let's help them make more money by getting them
more serious, business oriented users, not just more Beiber fans. We
can do this for Twitter. Twitter needs to help us do it.

Ok, Trevor?

Adam Green
Twitter API Consultant and Trainer
http://140dev.com