Hi Raffi

So if I'm reading what you wrote correctly, simple clients that just
display a timeline, post etc are thinking too small and there is no
business there, something I can agree with.

However many of us have, what I'd call a value added client.  Sure we
have the basics of a client, but we have what I'd like to think are
added value services such as tweet scheduling, augmented reality of
tweeters around you, user streams, draft management, and so much more.
Are we to think that these are actually going to be fine for the time
being, so long as obviously we comply with the ToS.

What you guys seem to be saying though is don't build clients because
it won't make money, but some people seem to fail to grasp some of us
develop apps like this because we enjoy it... it's a hobby and a
passion and that doesn't always involve tons of profit. Services such
as Seesmic started out in the simple Client business, remember Twhirl,
etc. Sure they grew into something enterprise, but most of us start
out at the bottom and with the basics.

Richard