Cartmetrix, We don't know for sure what will happen. That's kinda the problem.
My guess is we all prepare now by making our app request rwdm access, then when
the switch takes effect any token that has been changed with this update will
then need to be reauthorized. Not effecting us now, but when that change takes
hold, I imagine all our tokens will be basically unauthorized because its an
all new permission request, thus forcing each user to accept the new
authorizations before they can use the app to communicate with the Api. Also I
spoke unclear earlier about all apps failing. It will only be ones that use DM
as a feature. Which is basically any client app. I just assume everyone here is
effected by the DM permission change in some way, so I say all our apps. But
little Twitter apps that just read and write won't be effected at all. Because
Twitter isn't afraid of them, just client apps.

Also there is no way Twitter will make themselves do the same thing. Lol that
would be hilarious. They will in no way form or fashion make all their users go
through this process. That would be something I would be fine with. If they
want this change, let them do it also lol. But yeah, there is no way they
would, because they know exactly what would happen.