Hello Jack,

> With NOFORMS defined, the application size is about 111KB.

the NOFORMS exclude some units in the uses clause to decrease the
filesize.

> After I replaced TWSocket with TWSocketServer, the file size
> becomes over 300KB. I went through the uses clauses. It's
> the minimum already. I can not make it as small as it was.

Hmm I suspect some unit can be excluded in uses clause because not the
TWSocketServer increase with 200 kb.

> 1. Why is TWSocket used for the server socket, instead of
>    TWSocketServer?

I think this is older demo. TWSocketServer did not exists in the
beginning.

>    If so, what's the difference of using it and TWSocketServer for
>    server sockets? In other words, when should I use TWSocket and when
>    to use TWSocketServer?

Use TWSocketServer for TCP server sockets. TWSocketServer use TWSocket
as server socket. You can use TWSocket of course but then you have to
reinvent the wheel, holding client connections and all other goodies
that are implemented in TWSocketServer.

Maybe there is one exception (but I think you only gain a few kb of exe
size), and that is if you only wants to have 1 client.

---
Rgds, Wilfried
http://www.mestdagh.biz