Scrive Francois PIETTE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

[...]

Generic speaking, I think that the introducing of an incompability is
acceptable when:
- the application will not compile so the developer get the attention of the
problem
- the changes needed are documented
- these changes are few and quick to apply.

About which one is better I have no idea, but I'm with Arno's opinion. I
prefer the best solution for each platform. If the use of an array of byte
will slow down the Win32 version then keep the use of pointer for Win32 and
use the array in the .net version. This is important for components like ICS.

For a .net porting I don't think that a developer can expect to port the same
application to a different platform without any changes. It is different if
the developer want to keep it compatible with both platform, but I don't know
if this make sence since both "platforms" working on Windows OS.

Bye, Maurizio.