> As to the support, email lists are much preferred here, as they just
> work, so you don't have to go downloading the latest "news" etc, or
> crawling a web-forum.

I would just ignore a web forum, totally hopeless.

But I would prefer an NNTP news server, it would need to be
authenticated to allow private topics such as ICS-SSL, but would allow
more separation of messages into useful topics with proper threading,
such as announcements, beginners, ICS developers, etc.

But I'd mainly prefer NNTP because I would not then be able to post
private emails with ICS mailing list headers to the mailing lists, which
I'm afraid I seem to have done at least twice recently.

Angus